PINOYs who have been watching the news lately should be made aware and follow WikiLeaks‘ disturbing revelations lately. shortly after releasing 05MANILA2359, WikiLeaks introduced more intriguing cables about the Philippines and show the US diplomatic officials’ analysis of the country’s affairs.
in the passed days, more cables were released which includes the following:
- [05MANILA2670] ex-President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo’s knowledge of her husband and son’s involvement in illegal gambling
- “First Gentleman Jose Miguel ‘Mike’ Arroyo’s behavior, in particular, is damaging the credibility of the government and hinders President Arroyo’s ability to implement anti-corruption measures. Sycip claimed that Mike Arroyo is heavily involved in the illegal gambling or ‘jueteng’ networks and closely connected with major smuggling syndicates (ref B). President Arroyo, according to Sycip, is aware of her husband’s misdeeds, but she is unwilling to do anything to curb his activities because he was instrumental in marshaling campaign donations and is now keeping those supporters in line to help her maintain her grip on power.”
- [94MANILA13414] the Moro rebels hunting down ‘high-value’ terrorists (Abu Sayyaf Group and Jemaah Islamiyah in Mindanao)
- [09MANILA2408] US nixed ‘hip-shooter’ Gonzales as defense chief
- [07MANILA809] ex-President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo hand-picking Ebdane to “manage” 2007 polls
- [05MANILA1808] US thinks Oversees Filipino Workers (OFWs) are “The ‘Masa’ as a Political Force” which saves the country from a social unrest.
- [94MANILA13414] Libya gave ex-President Fidel Ramos P5M in the 1992 elections
- [09MANILA2290] 2010 Presidential Manny Villars thinks lowly of Loren Legarda
- “That left Senator Loren Legarda, whom he did not hold in terribly high regard and whose signature issue — the environment — did not really resonate with voters, but whom many Filipinos consider ‘pretty’ so Villar thought he could ‘learn to live with her’ as a running mate.”
- [09MANILA1414] ex-US Ambassador to the Philippines, Kristie Kenney thinks Cory Aquino has “weak leadership style”
- “Revered as a hero for taking the reins of power at a difficult moment in Philippine politics, and at a time of great personal loss, President Aquino leaves behind an incomplete transition to democratic governance that, while marked by great personal freedom for Philippine citizens, never seems to have properly taken root in the institutions that must handle the difficult task of governing a diverse and divided society. Her moral leadership, while coming at an important time for the Philippines, never fully compensated for her weak leadership style.”
- [05VATICAN500] Vatican’s pressure of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) not to support protests calling for the resignation of ex-President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo in 2005
- and lastly former US ambassador Kristie Kenney thinks current Philippine President Noynoy Aquino is “diffident and unassertive”
- “Senator Aquino’s confident, energetic announcement today was a stark contrast his diffident performance last week….It remains unclear whether Aquino can turn his shy, reserved qualities into strengths.”
now tagged by some as “Kenney’s Diaries,” these are truly shocking if indeed true! the question now is should we – PINOYs – believe all these stuff?
here’s an interactive timeline of the WikiLeaks cables:
see more [abs-cbnnews.com]